A list of things I consumed and enjoyed in 2020 (even if they came out long before then!)
The rule was they had to come freely, if I had to remind myself what I had read/seen/watched/done then it wasn’t good enough to feature in this list.
- Overstory - Trees, People and Prose
- Giovannis Room - The secret worlds shared by two people
- Exit West - A refugee fairy tale
- Extreme Ownership - Motivates you to do a great job
- Bullshit Jobs - Reminds you about bullshit jobs!
Best Online Reads
- Domestic Jungle Is Where The Heart Is was no question the best thing I read all year. Even though its satire, it nails how I feel about modern life and modern society.
- Force Majeure - A man abandons his family to try and save himself and pretends it didn’t happen.
- My Dinner with Andre - Two men eat dinner and talk about the different directions their life took.
- I’m thinking of ending things
Runner up: Burning, Under the Skin
- At A Distance
- Slow News by Tortoise Media
- Corecursive , timeless and thoughtful discussions
- Las Culturistas, so human, so fun
- Line of Duty
- Drag Race Season 5, All Stars and Brit
- Pewdiepie playing Last of Us
- Taylor Swift’s Folklore and Evermore
Best New Places in California Trips
- Castle Peak
- Girard lookout tower
- Mineral kings
- Santa Barbara
- Guerneville by Bike
Best New Bay Area Discoveries
- Listening to BFF.fm
- The Coffee Bowl at Zazies